The New York Times recently highlighted a lawsuit filed by the American Immigration Council and...
The Basics of Immigration: A Resource Page
The U.S. immigration system is complicated and can be difficult to understand. This resource page provides key information about our system, providing a basis for more complicated matters and disproving commonly circulated myths.
- Overhauling Immigration Law: A Brief History and Basic Principles of Reform (February 2013)
- How the United States Immigration System Works: A Fact Sheet (March 2014)
- Breaking Down the Problems: What's Wrong with our Immigration System (January 2010)
- Focusing on the Solutions: Key Principles of Comprehensive Immigration Reform (November 2009)
- Opportunity and Exclusion: A Brief History of U.S. Immigration Policy (January 2012)
- Immigration Myths and Facts (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, October 2013)
- Tackling the Toughest Questions on Immigration Reform: Short Answers to the Most Common Questions (July 2013)
- De-Romanticizing Our Immigrant Past: Why Claiming "My Family Came Legally" Is Often a Myth (November 2008)
- Why Don't They Just Get In Line? The Real Story of Getting a "Green Card" and Coming to the U.S. Legally (March 2008)
View all of our Basics of Immigration Publications here.
Published On: Sun, May 29, 2011