Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow at the American...
The Basics of Immigration: A Resource Page
The U.S. immigration system is complicated and can be difficult to understand. This resource page provides key information about our system, providing a basis for more complicated matters and disproving commonly circulated myths.
- Overhauling Immigration Law: A Brief History and Basic Principles of Reform (February 2013)
- How the United States Immigration System Works: A Fact Sheet (March 2014)
- Breaking Down the Problems: What's Wrong with our Immigration System (January 2010)
- Focusing on the Solutions: Key Principles of Comprehensive Immigration Reform (November 2009)
- Opportunity and Exclusion: A Brief History of U.S. Immigration Policy (January 2012)
- Immigration Myths and Facts (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, October 2013)
- Tackling the Toughest Questions on Immigration Reform: Short Answers to the Most Common Questions (July 2013)
- De-Romanticizing Our Immigrant Past: Why Claiming "My Family Came Legally" Is Often a Myth (November 2008)
- Why Don't They Just Get In Line? The Real Story of Getting a "Green Card" and Coming to the U.S. Legally (March 2008)
View all of our Basics of Immigration Publications here.
Published On: Sun, May 29, 2011
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.