CNN cited the American Immigration Council's recent report ...
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals: A Resource Page
In June of 2012, the Obama administration announced that it would accept requests for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), an initiative designed to temporarily suspend the deportation of young people residing unlawfully in the U.S. who were brought to the United States as children, meet certain education requirements and generally match the criteria established under legislative proposals like the DREAM Act. The implementation of the program is being carefully monitored by the American Immigration Council. This resource page collects Council materials and statements, government resources, and other publications relating solely to DACA.
For information on the Deferred Action for Parents program, visit our Executive Action resource page.
Impact of the DACA Program:
- DACA at Year Three: Challenges and Opportunities in Accessing Higher Education and Employment (February 2015)
- Two Years and Counting: Assessing the Growing Power of DACA (June 2014)
- How DACA is Impacting the Lives of Those Who are Now DACAmented (August 2013)
The DACA Populations:
- From the Migration Policy Institute: County-Level View of DACA Population Finds Surprising Amount of Ethnic & Enrollment Diversity (September 2014)
- Who and Where the DREAMers Are: Revised Estimates (October 2012)
- Who and Where the DREAMers Are (August 2012)
Background on DACA:
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals: Q&A (August 2012)
- Read our Economic Benefits of DACA Fact Sheet (August 2012)
- Read the Council's explanation of the DHS announcement (June 2012)
- Read the Council's statement on DHS's announcement (June 2012)
Government Resources on DACA:
- DHS announces Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (June 2012)
- Read USCIS's FAQ Deferred Action for Immigrant Youth (June 2012)
Teleconferences on DACA:
- Listen to experts discuss President Obama's announcement on deferred action for immigrant youth (June 2012)
Resources for DACA Recipients:
- Social Security Guidance for DACA Recipients (September 2012)
- Find out if you are eligible for Deferred Action using this Online Tool from WeOwnTheDream.org
- If you want to find an immigration lawyer, check out this Online Directory from the American Immigration Lawyer's Association.
Background on Prosecutorial Discretion:
- Read our Prosecutorial Discretion and Executive Action Resource Page (November 2014)
From Our Legal Action Center:
From the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA):
- Read AILA's Consumer Advisory for young immigrants in English and Spanish (June 2012)
Related Blog Posts:
The DREAM Act:
- For information on the DREAM Act, check out our resource page here.
Photo Courtesy of Neighborhood Centers.
Published On: Thu, Oct 25, 2012
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.