A recent article in U.S. News and World Report, quoted Mary Giovagnoli, Director of the...
Immigration Enforcement: A Resource Page
- The Fallacy of "Enforcement First": Immigration Enforcement Without Immigration Reform Has Been Failing for Decades (May 2013)
- Two Systems of Justice: How the Immigration System Falls Short of American Ideals of Justice (March 2013)
- A Decade of Rising Immigration Enforcement (January 2013)
- The Myth of "Self-Deportation": How Behavioral Economics Reveals the Fallacies behind “Attrition through Enforcement” (April 2012)
- Discrediting “Self Deportation” as Immigration Policy (February 2012)
- Fiscally Irresponsible: Immigration Enforcement without Reform Wastes Taxpayer Dollars (October 2011)
- Throwing Good Money After Bad: Immigration Enforcement Without Immigration Reform Doesn’t Work (May 2010)
- Enforcing Immigration Laws: Repairing our Broken Immigration System (December 2009)
Enforcement in the New Legislation
- A Guide to H.R. 15: The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act
- A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigration Bill
- Cracking the SAFE Act: Understanding the Impact and Context of H.R. 2278, the “Strengthen and Fortify Enforcement Act”
- An Unlikely Couple: The Similar Approaches to Border Enforcement in H.R. 1417 and S. 744
The Enforcers & Enforcement Programs
- E-Verify: A Resource Page
- Secure Communities: A Resource Page
- State and Local Immigration: A Resource Page
- The 287(g) Program: A Flawed and Obsolete Method of Immigration Enforcement (November 2012)
- Border Patrol Agents as Interpreters Along the Northern Border: Unwise Policy, Illegal Practice (September 2012)
- Falling Through the Cracks: How Gaps in ICE's Prosecutorial Discretion Policy Affect Immigrants Without Legal Representation (May 2010)
- Authority of U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agents: An Overview (February 2012)
- Local Enforcement of Immigration Laws Through the 287(g) Program (April 2010)
- You can find all of our border resources at The Border: A Resource Page
Immigration and Crime
- From Anecdotes to Evidence: Setting the Record Straight on Immigrants and Crime (July 2013)
- Aggravated Felonies: An Overview (March 2012)
- New FBI Data Confirms Falling Crime Rates in Arizona (June 2010)
- Arizona’s Punishment Doesn’t Fit the Crime: Studies Show Decrease in Arizona Crime Rates (April 2010)
Immigration Detention and Deportation
- Detention: A Resource Page
- The Criminal Alien Program (CAP): Immigration Enforcement in Prisons and Jails (August 2013)
- Enforcement Without Focus: Non-Violent Offenders Caught in the US Immigration Enforcement System (April 2013)
- Proportionality in Immigration Law: Does the Punishment Fit the Crime in Immigration Court? (April 2012)
- Falling Through the Cracks: The Impact of Immigration Enforcement on Children Caught Up in the Child Welfare System (December 2012)
- Locked Up Without End: Indefinite Detention of Immigrants Will Not Make America Safer (October 2011)
- So Close and Yet So Far: How the Three- and Ten-Year Bars Keep Families Apart (July 2011)
- Deportation in the Time of Cholera: DHS's Mixed Response to Haiti's Earthquake (May 2011)
- After the Raid is Over: Marshalltown, Iowa and the Consequences of Worksite Enforcement Raids (January 2011)
- ICE’S Enforcement Priorities and the Factors that Undermine Them (November 2010)
- The Ones They Leave Behind: Deportation of Lawful Permanent Residents Harm U.S. Citizen Children (April 2010)
- Protecting Children in the Aftermath of Immigration Raids (February 2010)
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Travis County, Texas (February 2010)
- Immigration Detainers: A Comprehensive Look (February 2010)
- Read our Border Resource Page.
- Read our Detention Resource Page
- Read our E-Verify Resource Page.
- Read our Secure Communities Resource Page.
- Read our S.B. 1070 Resource Page.
- Read all of our blog posts on Immigration Enforcement.
- Read all of our blog posts on the 287(g) Program.
- Read all of our blog posts on Crime.
- Read all of our blog posts on Deportation.
- Read all of our blog posts on Detainers.
- Read all of our blog posts on Detention.
- Read all of our blog posts on Due Process.
- Read all of our blog posts on E-Verify.
- Read all of our blog posts on the Police and Immigration.
- Read all of our blog posts on Raids.
- Read all of our blog posts on Secure Communities.