Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow at the American...
Immigration Enforcement: A Resource Page
Submitted by aic_admin on Fri, Nov 22, 2013
- The Fallacy of "Enforcement First": Immigration Enforcement Without Immigration Reform Has Been Failing for Decades (May 2013)
- Two Systems of Justice: How the Immigration System Falls Short of American Ideals of Justice (March 2013)
- A Decade of Rising Immigration Enforcement (January 2013)
- The Myth of "Self-Deportation": How Behavioral Economics Reveals the Fallacies behind “Attrition through Enforcement” (April 2012)
- Discrediting “Self Deportation” as Immigration Policy (February 2012)
- Fiscally Irresponsible: Immigration Enforcement without Reform Wastes Taxpayer Dollars (October 2011)
- Throwing Good Money After Bad: Immigration Enforcement Without Immigration Reform Doesn’t Work (May 2010)
- Enforcing Immigration Laws: Repairing our Broken Immigration System (December 2009)
Enforcement in the New Legislation
- A Guide to H.R. 15: The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act
- A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigration Bill
- Cracking the SAFE Act: Understanding the Impact and Context of H.R. 2278, the “Strengthen and Fortify Enforcement Act”
- An Unlikely Couple: The Similar Approaches to Border Enforcement in H.R. 1417 and S. 744
The Enforcers & Enforcement Programs
- E-Verify: A Resource Page
- Secure Communities: A Resource Page
- State and Local Immigration: A Resource Page
- The 287(g) Program: A Flawed and Obsolete Method of Immigration Enforcement (November 2012)
- Border Patrol Agents as Interpreters Along the Northern Border: Unwise Policy, Illegal Practice (September 2012)
- Falling Through the Cracks: How Gaps in ICE's Prosecutorial Discretion Policy Affect Immigrants Without Legal Representation (May 2010)
- Authority of U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agents: An Overview (February 2012)
- Local Enforcement of Immigration Laws Through the 287(g) Program (April 2010)
- You can find all of our border resources at The Border: A Resource Page
Immigration and Crime
- From Anecdotes to Evidence: Setting the Record Straight on Immigrants and Crime (July 2013)
- Aggravated Felonies: An Overview (March 2012)
- New FBI Data Confirms Falling Crime Rates in Arizona (June 2010)
- Arizona’s Punishment Doesn’t Fit the Crime: Studies Show Decrease in Arizona Crime Rates (April 2010)
Immigration Detention and Deportation
- Detention: A Resource Page
- The Criminal Alien Program (CAP): Immigration Enforcement in Prisons and Jails (August 2013)
- Enforcement Without Focus: Non-Violent Offenders Caught in the US Immigration Enforcement System (April 2013)
- Proportionality in Immigration Law: Does the Punishment Fit the Crime in Immigration Court? (April 2012)
- Falling Through the Cracks: The Impact of Immigration Enforcement on Children Caught Up in the Child Welfare System (December 2012)
- Locked Up Without End: Indefinite Detention of Immigrants Will Not Make America Safer (October 2011)
- So Close and Yet So Far: How the Three- and Ten-Year Bars Keep Families Apart (July 2011)
- Deportation in the Time of Cholera: DHS's Mixed Response to Haiti's Earthquake (May 2011)
- After the Raid is Over: Marshalltown, Iowa and the Consequences of Worksite Enforcement Raids (January 2011)
- ICE’S Enforcement Priorities and the Factors that Undermine Them (November 2010)
- The Ones They Leave Behind: Deportation of Lawful Permanent Residents Harm U.S. Citizen Children (April 2010)
- Protecting Children in the Aftermath of Immigration Raids (February 2010)
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Travis County, Texas (February 2010)
- Immigration Detainers: A Comprehensive Look (February 2010)
- Read our Border Resource Page.
- Read our Detention Resource Page
- Read our E-Verify Resource Page.
- Read our Secure Communities Resource Page.
- Read our S.B. 1070 Resource Page.
- Read all of our blog posts on Immigration Enforcement.
- Read all of our blog posts on the 287(g) Program.
- Read all of our blog posts on Crime.
- Read all of our blog posts on Deportation.
- Read all of our blog posts on Detainers.
- Read all of our blog posts on Detention.
- Read all of our blog posts on Due Process.
- Read all of our blog posts on E-Verify.
- Read all of our blog posts on the Police and Immigration.
- Read all of our blog posts on Raids.
- Read all of our blog posts on Secure Communities.
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.