A recent article in U.S. News and World Report, quoted Mary Giovagnoli, Director of the...
State Immigration Legislation: A Resource Page
As states across the country pursue local immigration measures, it’s important to consider the facts. The following resources provide basic background information by state on the impact of immigration. It also provides key answers to basic questions about state immigration-related laws—from the substance of the legislation and myths surrounding the debate to the legal and fiscal implications.
- The Economic and Political Impact of Immigrants, Latinos and Asians State by State
- Immigrant Entrepreneurs, Innovation, and Welcoming Initiatives by State
- Congressional District-by-District Immigration Profiles
- Q&A Guide to State Immigration Laws: What You Need to Know If Your State is Considering Anti-Immigrant Legislation (updated February 2012)
- Discrediting “Self Deportation” as Immigration Policy: Why an Attrition through Enforcement Strategy Makes Life Difficult for Everyone (February 2012)
- Giving Facts a Fighting Chance: Answers to the Toughest Immigration Questions
- Not in our State: What Community-Based Organizations Can Do To Combat SB1070 Copycat Legislation (NCLR Toolkit)
- Statistical Hot Air: FAIR’s USA Report Lacks Credibility
- A State by State Look at the Economic and Political Impact of Immigration
The Economics of State Immigration Laws:
- Bad for Business: How Anti-Immigration Legislation Drains Budgets and Damages States’ Economies (March 2012)
- Checklist for Estimating the Cost of SB 1070-Style Legislation (updated November 2011)
- Cost to States if All Unauthorized Immigrants Were Removed (2008)
Specific State Immigration Laws:
- The Legal Challenges and Economic Realities of Arizona's SB 1070: A Resource Page
- Enforcing Arizona’s SB 1070: A State of Confusion
- Telebriefing: Is Arizona-like "Papers Please" Legislation Coming to Your State? Listen to policy experts discuss what immigration legislation is currently moving in the states, their impact on local economies, and current and potential legal challenges to these laws here.
- A Rising Tide or a Shrinking Pie: The Economic Impact of Legalization Versus Deportation in Arizona (March 2011)
- Read blog posts about Arizona's immigration law
- Bad for Business: How Alabama’s Anti-Immigrant Law Stifles State Economy (November 2011)
- Turning Off the Water: How the Contracting and Transaction Provisions in Alabama's Immigration Law Make Life Harder For Everyone (November 2011)
- Read Blog Posts about Alabama's immigration law
- Maryland DREAM Act is a Smart Economic Investment (ImmigrationImpact.com)
- Bad for Business: How Mississippi’s Proposed Anti-Immigration Laws Will Stifle the State Economy (IPC Fact Check, February 2012)
- Read Blog Posts about Mississippi's immigration law
Read all of our blogs on immigration in the States.
Read all of our resources on State Immigration Enforcement.
Published On: Thu, Feb 02, 2012