Separating Fact from Fiction in the Immigration Debate: IPC's Responses to Nativist Claims
Today, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) released a report detailing the disturbing links between three immigration restrictionist groups: the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), Numbers USA, and the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). These groups describe themselves as "advocates of lower immigration," yet the report depicts much darker motives underlying their work. The SPLC report makes clear that they are in fact a full-throated anti-immigrant lobby and not interested in a balanced debate.
The Immigration Policy Center has produced numerous reports, fact sheets and blog posts refuting the claims of these groups. The following body of research and analysis seeks to shift the terms of the immigration debate away from fear and scapegoating and towards achieving workable and effective solutions to our immigration system.
Featured Guest Blog Post:
IPC Responses to Nativist Claims:
- FAIR Blames Florida's Budget Woes on Immigrants and Children
- Anti-Immigrant Groups Invite GOP to Join Their Sinking Ship
- CIS Ignores the Facts: Immigration Important Concern for Latino Voters
- Hate Group Blames Immigrants for Potholes
- FAIR Gets It Wrong Again
- Scrounging for Facts in FAIR's Reporting Yet Again
- CIS and NumbersUSA Twist Truth Again
- Restrictionist CIS Twists Facts on "Marriage Fraud"
- Neo-Nazis Join Anti-Immigrant Movement
- America's Voice Addresses CIS' Ludicrous Claims
- CIS Warps Accuracy of Costly and Error-Ridden E-Verify
- Voodoo Science Raises Specter of Immigration-Fueled "Overpopulation"
- From Anecdotes to Evidence: Setting the Record Straight on Immigrants and Crime
- Attrition Through Recession: CIS Report Marred by Inaccuracies, Contradictions, and Wishful Thinking
- Powerful New American Vote Trumps Nativist Dogma
- Lou Dobbs and Immigrant Hate Groups Put Fear First, Leave Solutions Behind
- Voodoo Science Blames Climate Change on Immigrants
- It's the Economy Stupid
- Extremists Hijack Immigration Debate: Increased Reports of Hate Crimes and Discrimination
- Immigrants and Crime: Setting the Record Straight
- Immigrants and Crime: Are They Connected?
- The Myth of Immigrant Criminality and the Paradox of Assimilation
- Immigration and Unemployment in Georgia: Inaccuracies in CIS Report on Immigrant Workers in Georgia
- A Study in Distortion: FAIR Targets Immigrant Children
Published On: Tue, Feb 03, 2009 | Download File