Comprehensive Immigration Reform 2014
The Immigration Policy Center provides a range of resources that explain the major components of reform and provide context for what is in the different sections of immigration legislation moving through Congress.
- Overhauling Immigration Law: A Brief History and Basic Principles of Reform
- What’s on the Menu? Immigration Bills Pending in the House of Representatives in 2014
- A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigration Bill
- A Guide to H.R. 15: The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act
- Tackling the Toughest Questions on Immigration Reform: Short Answers to the Most Common Questions
- Cracking the SAFE Act: Understanding the Impact and Context of H.R. 2278, the "Strengthen And Fortify Through Enforcement" Act
Future Flow & Legalization:
- Built to Last: How Immigration Reform Can Deter Unauthorized Immigration (IPC Fact Check, May 2013)
- Read more on our Legalization Resource Page.
- Read more on our Future Flow Resource Page.
Related Articles and Blog Posts:
- Rebuilding Local Economies: Innovation, Skilled Immigration, and H-1B Visas in U.S. Metropolitan Areas (IPC Fact Check, May 2013)
- Fueling the Recovery: How High-Skilled Immigrants Create Jobs and Help Build the U.S. Economy (IPC Fact Check, May 2013)
- Read more on our Entrepreneurship and Job Growth Resource Page
- An Unlikely Couple: The Similar Approaches to Border Enforcement in H.R. 1417 and S. 744 (IPC Fact Check, July 2013)
- The Fallacy of "Enforcement First" (IPC Fact Check, May 2013)
- Lost in the Shadow of the Fence (IPC Fact Check, May 2013)
- Read more on our Border Resource Page
The Costs of Immigration Reform:
- Adding It Up: Accurately Gauging the Economic Impact of Immigration Reform (IPC Fact Check, May 2013)
- The Cost of Doing Nothing: Dollars, Lives, and Opportunities Lost in the Wait for Immigration Reform (IPC Fact Check, September 2013)
- Read more on our Economics of Immigration Resource Page
- You can read our many posts on the 2013 effort for Comprehensive Immigration Reform here.
- Including Our Day-by-Day Review of the Amendments that Passed the Senate Judiciary Committee.
AIC Statements on the Senate Reform Bill:
- Read our Statement on the Title I of the Senate Reform Bill - The Border
- Read our Statement on Title II of the Senate Reform Bill - The Legalization Program
- Read our Statement on Title III of the Senate Reform Bill - Due Process, Detention, and E-Verify
- Read our Statement on Title IV of the Senate Reform Bill - The Future Flow of Immigrants
- Read our Statement on the Passage of the Bill to the Floor
To review an archive IPC Staff tweets during to the Senate’s Mark-up of S. 744 see these day-by-day Storify posts by Amanda Beadle.
You can read all of our resources on previous National Legislation here.
You can read all of our resources on Immigration Reform here.
Photo Courtesy of U.S. Army Korea