New Media Internship
The Immigration Policy Center (IPC), the research and policy arm of the American Immigration Council, is seeking a New Media Intern to assist with its online presence and social networking capacity. Applicants should possess strong communications and new media skills, as well as a passion for the future of immigration.
- Updating IPC website, blog and publications
- Blog/new media outreach
- Archiving media clips
- Generating dialogue in social networking spaces
- Gathering and maintaining media contact lists (relevant websites, blogs, print, audio and visual media)
- Integrating new media technologies into IPC's communication strategies
- Supporting staff as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Interest in immigration
- Basic HTML skills preferred, but not required
- Understanding of blog culture and new media world
- Basic Wordpress and blogging skills
- Familiar with a wide-range of online social networks and new media technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Student working on BS/BA or MS/MA degree in Communication/Journalism/New Media or related field with a strong interest in immigration
- Sense of humor a must
Non-paid, school credit available
Flexible, preferably 3-4 days a week
Five to Six Months
Application process is rolling. Please send us a resume and cover letter stating your knowledge of and experience with new media—including relevant classes and related work experience. Your cover letter should also demonstrate your interest in immigration and what you hope to gain from this internship.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials—such as writing samples or samples of new media projects.
Submit cover letter, resume and any supporting material to:
Seth Hoy (Shoy@immcouncil.org)
*Please also label your email with “New Media Internship – [Your Name]” in the subject line.