Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
Immigration in Massachusetts
State Fact Sheets
- New Americans in Massachusetts: The Political and Economic Power of Immigrants, Latinos, and Asians in the Bay State
- Massachusetts: Immigrant Entrepreneurs, Innovation, and Welcoming Initiatives in the Bay State
We have not created any Massachusetts district profiles yet. For Congressional districts in other states, visit our District-by-District page.
Fact Sheets and Reports
- Immigration and the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA): A Q&A Fact Check (IPC Fact Check, August 2011)
- The Impact of E-Verify on Massachusetts’ Economy (IPC Fact Check, July 2011)
- The Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX III) (IPC Fact Check, May 2011)
- Remittance Will Be Critical to Haitians; The U.S. Benefits from Remittances As Well (IPC Fact Check, February 2010)
- Protecting Children in the Aftermath of Immigration Raids (IPC Fact Check, February 2010)
- Assessing the Economic Impact of Immigration at the State and Local Level (IPC Fact Check, August 2009)
- Immigration Enforcement and Its Unintended Consequences (IPC Fact Check, March 2008)
- It’s Immigrant Entrepreneurship Month in Massachusetts! (October 2013)
- States Drive Positive Change on Immigration While House Is Stuck in Low Gear (September 2013)
- Immigrant Entrepreneurs Grow Industries and Create Jobs (June 2013)
- Letting Tragedy Guide, Not Derail Policy-Making (April 2013)
- Number of Potential Immigrant Voters on the Rise in Key Super Tuesday States (March 2012)
- DHS Terminates Secure Communities Agreements with States, Continues to Implement Program (August 2011)
- Boston Mayor Threatens to Withdraw from ICE’s Secure Communities Program (July 2011)
- More States Question Participation in ICE’s Secure Communities Program (June 2011)
- Massachusetts Latest State to Oppose Secure Communities Program (June 2011)
- Progressive Immigration Measures Pick Up Steam at the State Level (February 2011)
- Legislators in Key States Stand Up for DREAM (December 2010)
- What Does Scott Brown’s Victory Mean for Immigration Reform? (January 2010)
- And the Beat Goes On: Immigration Reform and the Road Ahead (August 2009)
For information on other states, visit our interactive map.
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.