Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
What We Do
The Community Education Center provides youth, education and community leaders with the tools and resources they need to prepare informative and effective immigration programming.
- Our Immigration Resource Guide offers new and informative lesson plans, book/film reviews and other valuable resources that support the value of immigration to the United States.
- We also provide additional educational ideas, lesson plans, immigration history, book/film reviews, and links to other educational resources
- We offer day-long Educational Workshops to youth, educators and community leaders who are interested in integrating the subject of immigration into their communities, professional and educational spheres.
- The American Immigration Council is proud to sponsor the annual “Celebrate America” Creative Writing Contest in an ongoing effort to educate the public about the benefits of immigration to our society. Open to fifth grade students across the nation, this contest encourages youth, families and surrounding communities to evaluate and appreciate the effects of immigration on their own lives.
- The Council also sponsors the “Change in Motion” Multimedia Contest, which challenges today’s young adults to explore the role that immigration plays in their lives and communities through video and other multimedia projects.
- The Community Education Center awards educational bi-annual grants of $100 to $500 to fund educational projects about immigrants and immigration. The Center seeks to fund activities that are innovative and supportive of the American Immigration Council’s mission of promoting the benefits of immigrants to our nation. Applications are aimed at educators and community leaders who can create replicable projects that successfully integrate immigration into classrooms and communities. Proposals that are classroom-based will receive strong consideration, and the Council encourages projects that can be replicated in other classrooms across the nation.
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.