In June of 2012, the Obama administration announced that it would accept requests for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), an initiative designed to temporarily suspend the deportation of young people residing unlawfully in the U.S who were brought to the United States as children, meet certain education requirements and generally match the criteria established under legislative proposals like the DREAM Act. The implementation of the program is being carefully monitored by the Immigration Policy Center. This resource page collects IPC, government, and other publications relating solely to DACA.
From Our Legal Action Center:
- Read the LAC's DACA Resource and Litigation Page. 
- Read our Legal Resources and Advocacy Page 
About Deferred Actions:
- Read the IPC's report on the status of DACA recipients a year on.  (August 2013)
- Read DHS Sec. Janet Napolitano's memo  announcing deferred action for DREAMers (June 2012)
- Read the IPC's Q&A Guide to Deferred Action for Immigrant Youth  (August 2012)
- Read USCIS’s FAQ  on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (updated Jan. 2013)
- Listen  to experts discuss President Obama's annoucement on deferred action for immigrant youth (June 2012)
- Read the Council's explanation  of the DHS announcement (June 2012)
- Read the Council's statement  on DHS's annoucement (June 2012)
- Read AILA's Consumer Advisory  for young immigrants in English and Spanish (June 2012)
- Read our Prosecutorial Discretion and Executive Action Resource Page  (April 2011)
- Read our revised Who and Where the DREAMers Are Fact Sheet  (October 2012)
- Read our Economic Benefits of DACA Fact Sheet  (August 2012)
Related Blog Posts:
- Read all of our DACA-related blog posts. 
The DREAM Act:
For information on the DREAM Act, check out our resource page here. 
- Find out if you are eligible for Deferred Action using this Online Tool from WeOwnTheDream.org 
- If you want to find an immigration lawyer, check out this Online Directory from the American Immigration Lawyer's Association .
Photo Courtesy of Neighborhood Centers .
Published On: Thu, Oct 25, 2012