Astrid Silva, the 2014 receipent of the American Immigration Council’s Immigrant Youth...
Detention: A Resource Page
The following IPC resources explain the basics of immigrant detention in the United States, address problems within the system and point towards possible solutions.
Issues in Immigration Detention:
- Locked Up Without End: Indefinite Detention of Immigrants Will Not Make America Safer (Oct. 2011)
- Immigration Detainers: A Comprehensive Look (Feb. 2010)
- Rep. Lamar Smith’s “Keep Our Community Safe Act of 2011” Creates More Problems than Solutions (July 2011)
- Non-Citizens with Mental Disabilities: The Need for Better Care in Detention and in Court (Nov. 2010)
- Detaining America's Immigrants: Is This the Best Solution? (Aug. 2006)
The Criminal Alien Program:
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Prisons and Jails (Updated Feb. 2013)
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Travis County, Texas (Feb. 2010)
For more information on the Secure Communities Program, visit our Secure Communities Resource Page
Published On: Mon, Jun 06, 2011