The Durham Academy News Feed recently highlighted remarks made by the American Immigration...
Detention: A Resource Page
The following IPC resources explain the basics of immigrant detention in the United States, address problems within the system and point towards possible solutions.
Issues in Immigration Detention:
- Locked Up Without End: Indefinite Detention of Immigrants Will Not Make America Safer (Oct. 2011)
- Immigration Detainers: A Comprehensive Look (Feb. 2010)
- Rep. Lamar Smith’s “Keep Our Community Safe Act of 2011” Creates More Problems than Solutions (July 2011)
- Non-Citizens with Mental Disabilities: The Need for Better Care in Detention and in Court (Nov. 2010)
- Detaining America's Immigrants: Is This the Best Solution? (Aug. 2006)
The Criminal Alien Program:
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Prisons and Jails (Updated Feb. 2013)
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Travis County, Texas (Feb. 2010)
For more information on the Secure Communities Program, visit our Secure Communities Resource Page
Published On: Mon, Jun 06, 2011
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.