Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
Institute & Meetings (Litigation Meeting)
Submitted by Anonymous on Tue, Apr 13, 2010
Enforcement Litigation Meeting Materials Submitted by Participants
- "Suing Government Officials for Damages" by Phillip Hwang, Mike Wishnie and Ira Kurzban
- Backgrounder on stipulated removal orders
- "Duty of Criminal Defense Counsel Representing an Immigrant Defendant after Padilla v. Kentucky," a Defending Immigrants Partnership Practice Advisory
- "The Impact of Nijhawan v. Holder on Application of the Categorical Approach to Aggravated Felony Determinations," an Immigrant Defense Project / National Lawyers Guild Practice Advisory
- "Recent Developments in the Categorical Approach: Tips for Criminal Defense Lawyers Representing Immigrant Clients," an Immigrant Defense Project Practice Advisory
- First Circuit opinion on a fourth amendment, immigration-related case
- Protective order regarding immigration status in day-laborer civil rights case
Complaints in profiling litigation
- Mora v. Arpaio
- Melendres v. Arpaio
- Muniz v. Gallegos
- Complaint filed by Julia Mass at the ACLU-NC on racial profiling and detainer issues
AILA Amicus Committee
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.