Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
Immigration in New Mexico
State Fact Sheets
- New Americans in New Mexico: The Political and Economic Power of Immigrants, Latinos, and Asians in the Land of Enchantment
- New Mexico: Immigrant Entrepreneurs, Innovation, and Welcoming Initiatives in the Land of Enchantment
- New Mexico District 1 - Representative Michelle Lujan Grisham
- New Mexico District 2 - Representative Steve Pearce
- New Mexico District 3 - Representative Ben Lujan
For Congressional districts in other states, visit our District-by-District page.
Fact Sheets and Reports
- The Cost of Doing Nothing: Dollars, Lives, and Opportunities Lost in the Wait for Immigration Reform (IPC Fact Check, September 2013)
- Stepping Up: The Impact of the Newest Immigrant, Asian, and Latino Voters (IPC Special Reports, September 2013)
- An Immigration Stimulus: The Economic Benefits of a Legalization Program (IPC Fact Check, April 2013)
- Chicken Little in the Voting Booth: The Non-Existent Problem of Non-Citizen Voter Fraud (IPC Fact Check, October 2012)
- Latinos in America: A Demographic Overview (IPC Fact Check, April 2012)
- Economic Benefits of Granting Deferred Action to Unauthorized Immigrants Brought to U.S. as Youth (IPC Fact Check, June 2012)
- Assessing the Economic Impact of Immigration at the State and Local Level (IPC Fact Check, August 2009)
- Dreams Deferred: The Costs of Ignoring Undocumented Students (IPC Fact Check, October 2008)
- Guest Workers Program with a Path to Legalization (IPC Fact Check, April 2006)
- California Governor Signs Sweeping Immigration Reforms into Law (October 2013)
- States Drive Positive Change on Immigration While House Is Stuck in Low Gear (September 2013)
- Immigrant Business Owners Continue to Contribute to Communities Across America (August 2013)
- Despite Governor’s Best Efforts, New Mexico Keeps Driver’s Licenses for the Undocumented (April 2013)
- Immigration Policy in the States: A Roundup (March 2013)
- Voter ID Laws Tackle Non-Existent Problem of Immigrant Vote Fraud (July 2012)
- Lawmakers Attempt to Gut Census by Defunding American Community Survey (June 2012)
- States Continue to Propose Tuition Equity for Undocumented Immigrants (March 2012)
- New Mexico Governor Fails to Repeal State Driver’s License Law Yet Again (February 2012)
- States Legislators Attempt to Reframe Enforcement-Only Approach to Immigration (March 2011)
- Will State Legislators Continue to Pull the Plug on Restrictive Immigration Measures? (February 2011)
- Is the Latino Vote Up for Grabs? Midterm Polling and the Future of the Latino Vote (November 2010)
For information on other states, visit our interactive map.
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.