The New York Times recently highlighted a lawsuit filed by the American Immigration Council and...
Immigration in Mississippi
State Fact Sheets
- New Americans in Mississippi: The Political and Economic Power of Immigrants, Latinos, and Asians in the Magnolia State
- Mississippi: Immigrant Entrepreneurs, Innovation, and Welcoming Initiatives in the Magnolia State
For Congressional districts in other states, visit our District-by-District page.
Fact Sheets and Reports
- Bad for Business: How Mississippi’s Proposed Anti-Immigration Laws Will Stifle the State (IPC Fact Check, February 2012)
- Immigration Policy in the States: A Roundup (March 2013)
- Federal Judge Leaves Anti-DACA Lawsuit Hanging By a Thread (January 2013)
- Mississippi Lawmaker Kills State’s Extreme Immigration Bill, Although Immigration Provisions May Loom (April 2012)
- Mississippi Farming, Law Enforcement Groups Urge Lawmakers to Oppose State Immigration Law (March 2012)
- Is Mississippi About to Make a Costly Mistake on Immigration? (March 2012)
- Despite Alabama’s Cautionary Tale, Mississippi Moves Forward with Extreme “Papers, Please” Immigration Legislation (March 2012)
- More States Introduce Costly Immigration Enforcement Bills in 2012 (February 2012)
- Yet Another State Leaves Immigration Enforcement Bill on Cutting Room Floor (April 2011)
- State Legislators Continue to Throw Restrictive Immigration Measures Overboard (March 2011)
- States Contemplating Enforcement Legislation Continue to Walk the Line (January 2011)
- Are States Considering SB 1070-Style Bills Putting their Head in the Lion’s Mouth? (January 2011)
- State Lawmakers Conflicted Over Immigration Enforcement Measures (January 2011)
- Which State is Really Going to Be the Next Arizona? (October 2010)
- SB1070-Inspired Activity Continues in the States (August 2010)
- Non-English Speaking Mother Separated from Child: The Tragedy of Mixed-Status Families (August 2009)
For information on other states, visit our interactive map.