Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
Immigration in Illinois
State Fact Sheets
- New Americans in Illinois: The Political and Economic Power of Immigrants, Latinos, and Asians in the Prairie State
- Illinois: Immigrant Entrepreneurs, Innovation, and Welcoming Initiatives in the Prairie State
- Illinois District 3 - Representative Dan Lipinski
- Illinois District 4 - Representative Luis Gutierrez
- Illinois District 6 - Representative Peter Roskam
- Illinois District 13 - Representative Rodney Davis
- Illinois District 14 - Representative Randy Hultgren
- Illinois District 15 - Representative John Shimkus
- Illinois District 16 - Representative Adam Kinzinger
- Illinois District 18 - Representative Aaron Schock
For Congressional districts in other states, visit our District-by-District page.
Fact Sheets and Reports
- Legalize Who?: A Portrait of the 11 Million Unauthorized Immigrants in the United States (IPC Fact Check, January 2013)
- Who and Where the DREAMers Are, Revised Estimates (IPC Fact Check, October 2012)
- Public Education for Immigrant Students: States Challenge Supreme Court’s Decision in Plyler v. Doe (IPC Fact Check, June 2012)
- Unauthorized Immigrants Pay Taxes, Too: Estimates of the State and Local Taxes Paid by Unauthorized Immigrant Households (IPC Fact Check, April 2011)
- The Economic Blame Game: U.S. Unemployment is Not Caused by Immigration (IPC Fact Check, November 2009)
- Assessing the Economic Impact of Immigration at the State and Local Level (IPC Fact Check, August 2009)
- Immigrants Help Sustain Chicago's Economy (IPC Fact Check, March 2002)
- States Drive Positive Change on Immigration While House Is Stuck in Low Gear (September 2013)
- Illinois Legislature Votes to License all Drivers in the State (January 2013)
- Foreign Students Add Billions of Dollars to the U.S. Economy Each Year (November 2012)
- Where and Who Are The Young People Eligible for the President’s “Deferred Action” Initiative (July 2012)
- New Data Sheds Light on the Potential Power of Immigrant Voters (May 2012)
- ICE Distorts Facts in Debate over Immigration Detainers (March 2012)
- Illinois County “Just Says No” to Costly Immigration Detainers (September 2011)
- Senator Durbin Re-Introduces DREAM Act on Heels of President’s Immigration Speech (May 2011)
For information on other states, visit our interactive map.
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.