Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
Immigration in California
State Fact Sheets:
- New Americans in California: The Political and Economic Power of Latinos, Asians, and Immigrants in the Golden State
- California: Immigrant Entrepreneurs, Innovation, and Welcoming Initiatives in the Golden State
- California District 10 - Representative Jeff Denham
- California District 17 - Representative Mike Honda
- California District 19 - Representative Zoe Lofgren
- California District 21 - Representative David Valadao
- California District 23 - Representative Kevin McCarthy
- California District 27 - Representative Judy Chu
- California District 37 - Representative Karen Bass
- California District 49 - Representative Darrell Issa
- California District 51 - Representative Juan Vargas
For Congressional districts in other states, visit our District-by-District page.
Fact Sheets and Reports:
- The Impact of E-Verify on California's Economy (IPC Fact Check, July 2011)
- Revitalizing the Golden State: What Legalization Over Deportation Could Mean to California and Los Angeles County (IPC Special Report, April 2011)
- The Lasting Impact of Mendez v. Westminster in the Struggle for Desegregation (IPC Special Report, March 2010)
- Creating Common Ground: California's Strategies for Integrating Newcomers (IPC Special Report, October 2002)
- California Governor Signs Sweeping Immigration Reforms into Law (October 2013)
- The California Domestic Workers Bill of Rights Speaks to the Need for Wise Immigration Reform (October 2013)
- States Drive Positive Change on Immigration While House Is Stuck in Low Gear (September 2013)
- Why is the Obama Administration Arguing that Undocumented Immigrants Should Not Practice Law? (September 2013)
- How States And Local Economies Benefit From Immigrants (July 2013)
- TRUST Act Makes Progress in California (July 2013)
- Guidance on ICE Detainers Sends Ripples Through California (December 2012)
- Will the Third Time Be the Charm for the TRUST Act in California? (December 2012)
- California Passes Groundbreaking Legislation to Prevent “Shattered Families” (October 2012)
- California Governor Vetoes TRUST Act (October 2012)
- Busting Myths About the California TRUST Act (September 2012)
- California TRUST Act Awaits Governor’s Signature (August 2012)
- Courts Weigh Issuance of Law Licenses to Undocumented Attorneys (August 2012)
- California DREAMers Exhibit High Levels of Civic Participation, Yet Face Significant Hardships (July 2012)
- In California, TRUST Act One Step Closer to Becoming Law (July 2012)
- In California, Lawmakers Mount New Challenge to Secure Communities (May 2012)
For information on other states, visit our interactive map.
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.