Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
Due Process Resource Page
The current immigration removal system—from arrest to hearing to deportation and beyond—does not reflect American values of due process and fundamental fairness. In fact, the immigration removal system lacks nearly all of the due process protections that come into play in the U.S. criminal justice system.
With this in mind, we've created this resource page to draw attention to issues surrounding due process in the immigration system, including reports on the problems and flaws of the current system, as well as possible fixes.
- Two Systems of Justice: How the Immigration System Falls Short of American Ideals of Justice (March 2013)
- Two Systems of Justice: Policy Recommendations (March 2013)
- Teleconference on Ensuring Fairness and Due Process in American Immigration Justice System (June 2013)
- Removal Without Recourse: The Growth of Summary Deportations from the United States (May 2014)
- Providing Noncitizens With Their Day in Court (May 2013)
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.